• In the era of IoT there are plenty of edge control devices that collect data, aggregate, stores and bridge to the cloud.
• They are also expected to do minimum in premise analytics & decisions, while they aggregate millions of records in a large scale IoT solution.
• An efficient search engine which is embedded in the IoT edge control device would speed up the analytics, improve user’s operational efficiency.
A few considerations:
• Consider the Embedded device is equipped with webserver, webpages for user interactions. It contains onboard embedded memory as well as expandable memory by micro SD card slots.
• Teams can use any popularly known embedded targets for their experiments and demonstrations. Open sources can be reused with duly respecting any license terms applicable. Simulated data or a real data can be used. Data shall be heterogeneous data.
• The expected outcome would be an end to end solution for the aforementioned requirements. It can also be a partial solution specific to the data storage like innovative file systems for edge devices, innovative storage of data records, retrieval of the records or an innovative search engine that finds and populates the relevant data or records as per the user input, innovative and efficient linking of data dynamically within the edge device, etc.
• If there is any specific ideas to improve in the hardware or interfaces to address the above said requirement is also in the scope to produce as final outcome.
• A mere integration of well-known existing techniques & existing solutions is not expected. Results should highlight the specific improvement, uniqueness in the outcome compared to the existing state of the art. Practical implementation is preferred as a Proof of Concept (PoC) rather than a theoretical proposal. However, the outcome shall present concept document, theory along with implemented PoC. Results to demonstrate tangible benefits or comparison study wherever applicable.
Objective: To create a pool of OEM’s, Process specialist’s, Electricians, Freelance Consultants on a single digital platform through an app that can be accessed by End User whenever required as per the service needs. 1. Make strong Schneider Electric distribution GTM
2. Saturate current distributors by introducing new products and solutions for new markets
3.Break the silos increase cross sales via distributors
4. NPS improvement
“It is the customer who determines what a business is, what it produces, and whether it will prosper.” The concept of customer centricity is not new, today almost every company vision includes customer centricity as a key driver of its strategy. Companies that adopt this philosophy are 60% more profitable compared to companies that are not focused on the customer. The world is changing around us, the customer base, technology and the environment. For these reasons, we are more focused than ever at the online web-based after sale services will help us to elevate our business and have better connect with end customer, so that products offered not only have functional value but emotional value too.
Targeting retailers, distributors and competitive customer conversion will aid in accelerate existing market share.
One of the challenge in customer conversion is ease of customer with linked TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP. To support end customer understanding the new technologies and make them conversant with the IIOT thru digital way, we need to create a platform where the End Consumer can access the pool of competent and skilled manpower to serve their needs at the time of need with a greater pace.
This platform can be accessed not only by SMSE where they will enjoy the services at shared basis at much nominal cost but will also be accessed by heavy Industries for their complex application and consultancies for their Plant maintenance and services. Lack of customer confidence and invisibility of right support are the predominant reasons of lower efficiency productions in Indian Industries. Unplanned downtime can cost a company as much as 20MINR an hour (according to research).
Indian electrical markets are driven by distributors and retailers. Around 95% of total electrical business is catered by distributors and retailers. They have reach to the remotest of the places, since they do not have the competence of VFD commissioning the do not serve the customers with this product and hence the availability of the product becomes an issue to EU resulting into bigger downtime.
To facilitate these distributors and to serve the EU in time of need Schneider Electric will be first in market to ignite opportunity by setting the world of commissioning in motion. A location based web application that makes an on-demand hiring from pool of certified engineers, electricians or freelance consultants with competency status enables you to grow your business in an efficient way, while conserving your own resources. Certified engineers will adjust the drive parameters to meet the precise demands of the application. This app would leverage our customers to confide in Schneider Electric.
Application is engineer-sharing for fast, reliable commissioning in minutes – day or night. There’s no need to wait, you have to just tap request engineer, and it’s easy to pay with credit card or cash. App based services will be cost effective as it provides nearest solution available in that area, distance plays an important factor in deciding cost for services. Today customer is dependent on channel and on availability of its engineers but with this app, customer will be independent to choose an engineer anytime, wherever he wants. It will be transparent service helping customers to provide a seamless digital service experience. Every service kind will be in the database of Schneider and thus reduce the total cost of ownership of the EU. Access to cloud based data can further be used by customer care to trigger warnings to customer for monthly or annual maintenance and end of product life information, product and systems health reports.
In a nutshell this app will not only provide the above mentioned benefits but also reduce total cost of ownership and provides overall equipment efficiency.
Problem Statement Type
30th November , 2018
30th November , 2018
Software - Mobile App development
Your Application is not approved. Please contact to Admin .
Problem statements from Organizations/ MinistriesStudents Innovation
Select Registration Type
Problem Statement Creater College Faculty SPOC Students Team Leader