The Engine, Transmission , equipment dash board system and brake controls equipped with embedded, digital control Electronic Control Units(ECU) for parameters monitoring, display, store and control application. These ECU's are programmable type for changing the configuration depending on power train combinations, customer requirements and field conditions.
The ECUs are capable of sending vital/critical data of the equipment over CAN J1939 2.0B communication protocol. A data logger with J1939 2.0B protocol having connectivity with GPS/GPRS/Internet, if fitted, is capable of sending the vital data of the equipment to remote systems/computers. Outcome expected:
1. Explore the robustness of the current system and bring out the weak points by hacking into the control software and data stored in ECU.
a. Un-authorized access of the ECUs.
b. Retrieving of equipment vital/critical data with geo locations.
c. Making malfunction/un-intended function of ECUs by injecting virus causing potential damages to Engine and Transmission.
d. Altering of pre-loaded sequences to change the way of working of Transmission.
2. Explore the prospect of replacing existing CAN protocols with new infrastructure or up gradation of existing protocols to avoid hacking.
3. Protect the software security functions by reinforcing interfaces and strengthening the application.
4. Ensure that vehicles with wireless access points and data-collecting features are protected against hacking events and security breaches.
5. Security measures to prevent remote access to vehicle electronics.
6. Wireless technologies that could pose vulnerabilities to hacking or privacy intrusions.
Process Modeling: Develop a Asset Performance Monitoring (APM) platform based on ML algorithms to calculate the real-time reliability and efficiency of the process plant equipments such as heat exchangers, turbines, pumps, motors, compressors, expanders and reacting columns with respect to the design data.
Suggestions to optimize the operational parameters of the different equipment’s for getting the maximum possible efficiency in dynamic operational scenario.
For ex- Developing the platform that enables the asset performance monitoring via calculation of the heat transfer efficiency of heat exchangers, optimized operational parameters and reliability for the rotating equipments such as turbines, compressors etc.
GAIL procures most of the raw materials, items, office supplies and services through public procurement portal based on tendering system. We need to develop a blockchain secured system to control this procurement process. As an example, developer shall implement end-to-end process for Steel-pipes, that contains steps like A)procurement from Indian/Overseas vendor B)Shipping C) Transportation in intermediary points D) acceptance at GAIL store E) Payment to Vendor using smart contracts
The implementation should use Open source technologies like Ethereum or equivalent and be able to show simple and good UI + clear documentation with out of the box thinking
- In Gas pipe line system SCADA is installed for the monitoring of the data. Various alarms in the large volumes appear.
- An application can be built to analyze those alarms in correlation with the sequence of process events to identify the pattern of alarms associated with process trips or anomaly so as to provide pro-active alert before such deviation.
- Pattern recognition of the alarms and sequence of the events required to predict the probable abnormality or deviation of the plant operations from the normal baseline operations.
- System to group similar type of alarms as per equipments, units and plants along with the identification of the critical alarms on the basis of process history.
- Identification of false positive and false negative alarms to be provided by the system.
- Alarm analysis report to be notified to the authorized user on daily basis via mail.
For ex- Developing the platform that identify the patterns from the large volumes of alarms on the basis of history alarms and sequence of process events and shall provide the prediction for the deviation associated with process and related assets.
Increasing depletion of water resources generates the need to measure the water flow and find actual utilization. We need an innovative yet cost-effective solution that avoids plumbing need, conforms to compliance and gives a good user interface for end-users to see and control the usage
Specifically, the Product required :
a) should measure water flow WITHOUT HAVING TO CUT A pipeline and yet to obtain the volume of water that has flown through the pipe between two time points
b) support compliance
Just like any water flow meter, the product evolved should measure flow at an accuracy conforming to ISO4064 and/or Class B
must be around Rs.5000/- - Rs.7000/- for a meter that can be used for 20mm pipeline
1. Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) is into scientific storage and handling services for more than 400 commodities including Agricultural produce, Industrial raw-materials, finished goods and variety of hygroscopic and perishable items.
2. Storage loss of food grains and perishables goods are being controlled through quality control practices including periodic chemical treatment, recording of moisture and other parameters, proper documentation, regular inspection, age analysis, sanitation and physical condition of the warehouse.
3. Further storage loss due to atmospheric moisture beyond threshold results in infestation etc. and hence, damages the food grains/perishables.
1. Low cost IT solution preferably around Internet of the things (IoT) sensor and IoT data integration to existing application software. The sensor is expected to auto capture the atmospheric moisture and temperature inside the warehouse.
2. Based on moisture and temperature data so captured, the software should do appropriate data analytics and send timely alert to concern officials of CWC for mitigation and remedial actions arising due to moisture and temperature inside the warehouse.
3. Additionally, IoT sensor can also capture fire, earthquake, etc. and can alert the respective nearest authority like Fire Station, Hospital, Police besides alerting CWC officials for mitigation.
Sample data: Data to either simulated participants or can visit warehouses for sampling. Some of the quality control practice documents are available at the website, www.cewacor.nic.in under Documents/Circulars-Guidelines/Technical tab.
Problem statement no. 2 :
1. CWC operates warehouses for scientific storage of 400 plus commodities across PAN INDIA. Many of the warehouses are located at remote places across PAN India.
2. The internet connectivity provided either through leased line or MPLS or Broadband or 2/3/4G.
3. This type of connectivity comes at high cost or at some places the connectivity is not feasible or is weak or fluctuates, which results in non usage of software application at these remote places.
1. Low cost IT solution preferably around software-controlled devices having capability to host multiple SIMs of different service providers of 2/3/4G Internet service providers.
2. The device considers the 2/3/4G connectivity of one or more SIMs of different service provider, in case their signal strength is adequate. And accordingly provide the uninterrupted internet connectivity to the users at these remote warehouses.
3. Additionally, the device can aggregate the 2/3/4G internet bandwidth of multiple SIMs of different Telecom companies for usage of more software users.
Sample data : Can visit warehouses for sampling.
4. Field Devices (Palmtops/Mobiles etc.) have more than one SIM slot. Requirement is to design a Hardware or Software solution, which is able to aggregate the 2/3/4 G internet bandwidth of multiple SIMs of different telecom service providers for the usage of the user in that device.
Alzheimer's disease is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks.
Manual operations of Microla and Biola Bottle filling, capping, labeling and packing, leading to spillage and wastage of manpower. Possible solution: Automation of bottling of Microla and Biola with development of assembly line for filling of bottle, capping, labeling and final packing.
Tourism in India is important for the country economy and is growing rapidly. The sector is predicted to grow at an annual rate of 6.9% to rupees 32.05 lakh crore(US$460 billion) by 2028 (9.9% of GDP). In October 2015, India medical tourism sector was estimated to be worth US$3 billion, and it is projected to grow to US$7–8 billion by 2020. In 2014, 184,298 foreign patients traveled to India to seek medical treatment.Students teams are expected to develop a context-based NLP engine to guide the tourists using MindMeld capabilities. MindMeld is a platform to power the next generation of chat and voice assistants. It is an AI platform for building conversational interfaces.
The requirements are to develop a WebEx Team bot capable of NLP to guide tourists. Student teams can choose any one from some of the scenarios that we have listed below. Tourism can be classified into the following sectors and provide help based on the nature of tourism.
1. Cruise Tourism - An itinerary Manager that proposes day-by-day schedule of the cruise with a complete list of attractions at each place along with the route navigation system.
2. Adventure Tourism - Since its adventures the bot must provide a tailor-made experience offering a personalized answer and suitable options based on the situations along with appropriate reminders based on the tourist spot visited. The old-fashioned concept of showcasing only India historical heritage and monuments is changing and people around the world are more interested in ecotourism where they want to see the local flora and fauna. Increasing tourism in the Sundarbans area in West Bengal is an attractive proposition. The region contains the biggest mangrove forest in the world and exotic flora and fauna and the Royal Bengal Tiger.
The Conversational AI Playbook can be integrated with Webex Teams and help tourists in
the following key areas like
Travel Planner – The Chatbot must act as a virtual travel agent who is able to share the suggestions based on the users travel preferences.
It should be capable to check the Hotel Room Availability
Recommend the right package based on tourist profile.
Keep tourist informed about the details of the journey like check ins, flight /Train status etc.
Route complex queries to human agents in real time (Adventure Tourism)
The evaluations shall be based on the following criteria:
1. Depth and research to understand Indian Tourism Industry (Domain Knowledge)
2. Depth of understanding of Mind meld capabilities & Business model use cases.
4. Depth and understanding of technologies proposed in solution, e.g. Mindmeld &
WebEx Teams bot